Over the course of 2021-2022, the Halton Children’s Aid Society experienced an overwhelming number of adoption applications. This led to the decrease of our Adoption Information Meetings and our acceptance of new applications. We thank you for your interest in adoption and, most of all, your patience.
We are accepting adoption inquiries. However, it is important that we are clear about the children and youth have available for adoption as well as the types of applications we will be accepting.
As a public agency, we are not able to accept applications for infants and toddlers. Most of the children and youth we are looking to match are over the age of five (5) and we currently have many approved applicants. At this time, we are looking for adoptive families who are open to older children and youth who have likely been exposed prenatally to alcohol/drugs, experienced developmental trauma and/or have complex needs.
Your first step will be to visit the Centralized Adoption Intake, Ontario’s Adoption Information Service
After you have explored that website, if you are still interested in pursuing a public adoption, please answer the following questions.
- Am I prepared to adopt a child over the age of 5?
- Am I prepared to provide care to a child exposed prenatally to alcohol and/or drugs?
- Am I prepared to care for a child who has experienced trauma and has a complex set of needs?
- Am I prepared to engage in openness with the birth family, which can include extended family and/or birth siblings?
If you are able to say yes to the above questions, please send us an email.
Please include your:
- full legal name(s);
- date(s) of birth;
- home address and phone number(s); and
- email address(es).
After you have submitted your information, it will be reviewed and you will be contacted by an Adoption Worker.