- You are here:
- Working at the Society
Working at the Society
What’s Expected of You
The Halton Children’s Aid Society (Halton CAS) holds its employees to the highest standards. A lot is expected of you at Halton, but you gain a lot from working with us!
The Halton CAS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Clara took a chance on a career change a few years ago. After 24 years in the Finance Department, she went to college and completed further education in the field of Volunteer Management. When the opportunity came, Clara was ready to apply for the role of Volunteer Coordinator, which involves organizing over 200 active Halton CAS volunteers in the eight programs that support the needs of our children and youth in care.
Clara says she really loves working with people and that our volunteers are wonderful. “I wish I had a little more time to spend with them when they take a break in the volunteer lounge. It’s important to check in, say thanks and see how their day is going.” As part of the Halton CAS team, Clara says she’s grown and learned a lot in the new role and she’s glad the Halton CAS provided her with this opportunity.
Information for New Hires
All new hires with the Halton CAS will need to:
- provide proof of your academic qualifications;
- provide a photocopy of your valid Ontario driver’s license;
- confirm you have a reliable vehicle available to use for work purposes;
- provide written verification that you carry a minimum of $1 million public liability and property damage automobile insurance;
- provide a vulnerable sector screening security clearance that is deemed satisfactory in the exclusive opinion of the Halton CAS (cost of the clearance–approximately $40–is reimbursed when you are hired);
- have access to a personal cell phone for use when conducting Society business outside the office. All case-carrying workers are required to provide a personal cell phone number to Human Resources within the first week of employment. The Halton CAS provides a flat rate reimbursement for cell phone costs, in accordance with our collective agreement.